So, recently I have become obsessed with hedgehogs. Yes you read that right, hedgehogs! As anyone who knew me when I was a teen knows, these obsessions never go away. Apparently my son knows this too ... most likely because he has inherited this from me.Ryan has an adorable stuffed hedgehog. He got it at the zoo last time we were there. It is all of about 8 inches long. It is the most adorable little stuffed animal I have ever seen. Ryan has, in total Ryan style, named it 'hedgehoggy'. I secretly longed to own hedgehoggy. I even tried to convince my husband to go back to the zoo and buy me my own. I searched through the shelves of walmart each time we were there - with no luck. One day I snuck into my sons room to cuddle hedgehoggy. Of course I was using the excuse of folding laundry and picking up random toys, but I was discovered. Ryan walked in and saw me holding his hedgehog. I had to admit how much I loved him. My sweet innocent child said to me "you can have him Mama".
I can only assume here that he had no idea I would actually take him up on his offer. But I did. Oh the shame I face over stealing a stuffed animal from my 5 year old son. But my want for this adorable hedgehog overtook my shame and hedgehoggy began his new life living on my truck dashboard.
A few days after hedgehoggy was given to me, I asked Ryan if he was sure he wanted to give hedgehoggy up and was so ... well ... sweet ... telling me "Yes Mama! You can keep hedgehoggy forever and ever" ... then with the sly little smile that only Ryan posses, he adds, "And when you die I'll put him on your grave too!"
hmm ... could there be some resentment over hedgehoggy?

No comments:
Post a Comment