Thursday, January 10, 2008

Backfired Bribes!

Apparently I bribe my children way too often. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing ... probably a bit of both. But hey, if it gets them to cooperate and doesn't cost me much in way of pride or money, it can't be too horrible of a thing to do, right? Right??

So I am in the kitchen today unloading and reloading the dishwasher. Normal daily activity around here. The 3 year old has gotten a hold of my cell phone and is taking pictures of the cat's butt, or whatever else he finds funny at the moment. Another daily activity around here.

As said child is going back looking at his prize cat butt photos (remind me again why I showed him how to use my cell phone?) he comes across a photo taken, oh a year or so ago, at the small park around the corner of him on the monkey bars. The following conversation occurs:

3 year old: "Hey Mama, that's ME!"
Me: "Yep that's you, cool huh?"
3 year old: "That's me at the PARK! I wanna go to the park NOW!"
Me: "Nope, not going to the park today, sorry."
3 year old: "Mama, peeeeease? I wanna go PARK!"
Me: "Not today, I have grocery shopping tonight and it is almost time for your Daddy to come home."
3 year old: "Peeeeease! You can take PICTURES of me! You like to do that! Can we go NOW?"

For some reason, I think I bribe my children too much ......

No comments: