Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Sweetest Gift

After a long fun day at school, Ryan came home ready to ride his bike! It is hot and I am tired, but I reluctantly took him outside. I sat in the shade watching him do his stunts up and down the sidewalk, waiting for him to tire of the hot sun and want to come inside. Just as I am getting ready to call it time to go in, up walks my child holding something in his hand and smiling so big. Must be a grasshopper or some other type of bug I think. I couldn't have been more wrong! My child hands me a leaf that he found in the neighbor's yard and tells me in his sweetest voice "I found this for you Mama. It's a leaf, but it looks like a heart and I wanted you to have it because I love you!" My heart melted right then and there! It is one of the most treasured gifts any of my boys have ever given me ... better then any jewelry or card or trinket that could have been bought at a store. It is pure innocence and love wrapped up in a tiny leaf. This leaf, that touched my heart more then I could say, will remain tucked safely away with my most precious items in my jewelry box, forever!
~~

No comments: