You know you're a frazzled mom if ......your idea of "free time" is going to Wal-Mart without your kids!
I found this quote online today. This describes me perfectly.
My well laid plans to go out, alone, and buy a new pair of jeans, was squashed when my husband got called out to work. There was some big emergency that needed to be taken care of immediately. I understand. Really I do. Tons of angry customers without home phones certainly takes priority over my clothes shopping. My husband tried to comfort me, saying 'you'll be happy when my next paycheck comes in' and 'Think how many more clothes you can buy with this overtime' ... that was comforting for about 10 minutes.
Then all hell broke loose in the house.
I have scrubbed bathrooms, only to be 'helped' by the 4 year old who then left dirty little hand and feet prints on the counters and floor I had just washed. Fine! Rewash those areas. I have picked up the same toy ten freakin' times today because apparently my words are not being heard by the 6 year old and the toy keeps magically showing up in the middle of the living room floor. I know this is magic by the innocent looks and the 'not me' I get from all three children when I ask how it got out there again. I have grounded the 11 year old for being snotty with his brothers. I have sent the 6 year old to time-out for thinking he was the master of my bedroom and opening locked closets after being told not to. I have made my throat sore from all my yelling of 'now or it's time out!" and I have called my husband, twice, asking if he was ever coming home to relieve me, with the small threat of him having at least one child less then he had when he left this morning. I have heard the repeated drum playing on every surface of my house by the 11 year old while the 6 year old plays the guitar and the 4 year old sings 'wheels on the bus', too many times to count. More has happened, I am sure of it, but my brain is too tired to remember it all. This I have decided is a good thing, otherwise I may decide not to wake up tomorrow morning.
I am a frazzled mom! I need a break!

No comments:
Post a Comment