
So young, so sweet, so honest and so in love. The 6 year old has always had a big heart. He loves with everything inside him, whether it is a small bug on the sidewalk or a pretty little girl he sees in passing. He is full of compassion, understanding, generosity and hope. You can see the love in his eyes, even when he is upset with you. This love he has is the strongest for a little girl in his first grade class. Her name is Bailey. She is adorable, I admit, the shy and quiet type, with an adorable grin that can melt your heart. He knows how to pick them, that's for sure.
With Valentine's Day approaching soon, his art teacher decided the class should make a valentine for someone they love. Of course, I am sure the teacher was thinking these valentines would be addressed to Moms and Dad, maybe Grandparents or even the family dog. But not my son. No. His true love is Bailey and this is who he wrote his valentine to! He came home wearing it around his neck, heartbroken because the teacher said he had to take his art home with him. He fully intended to give this small paper valentine to this little girl and did not understand why he wasn't allowed. I assured him he could slip the note into her valentine box on the 14th during class, when his art teacher wasn't around. Love like this should be shared with the intended person!
His note was so sweet, written on pink paper the front read:
"To Bailey I ♥ Bailey!"
The back read:
"I love you. I really liked when you were the student of the month.
Love, Ryan"
So innocent and pure, so sweet and loving. It says just enough to make a grown woman tear up and young girl blush and giggle.

No comments:
Post a Comment